Protecting the individual’s privacy is crucial to the future of business. We have created this Privacy Statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to the individual’s right to data protection and privacy. This Privacy Statement outlines how we handle information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual.
Users who have signed up for an account on our website (“Site”) can create content on the Site, which content can be accessed and used by the Users’ participants.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and use the following personal data about our Users:
- Username (compulsory)
- Your email address (compulsory)
- Your password (compulsory, however, we hash your password so that it is not legible for us or anyone else)
- The name of your company
- The country of your, or your company’s location
- Your telephone number
- Payment information (transactions in case of paid subscriptions)
- Your User data, including the activities in your account and the content you have created
- Your correspondence with us
- Your response to surveys about our services
- If you are not a legal entity: invoicing and subscription information
The WebcoLMS may also collect personal information about you which is publicly available, such as on websites, or from third party organisations and bodies, including government bodies. We will comply with any confidentiality and privacy obligations imposed on us by such organisations and bodies.
Are you obliged to provide certain personal data?
Yes, we require the compulsory personal data set out above to be able to conclude and perform the agreement with you and to fulfil our legal obligations for administration and tax purposes. If you do not provide this personal data, we cannot conclude the agreement with you.
What do we use your personal information for?
We use the personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services to you, including sending you notifications;
- To respond to your queries;
- To enable you to see your account activities and the content you have created
- To secure your account (password)
- To send you an email confirmation of your order
- To process your order and payments
- To know in which country you are located, for invoicing, to know your time-zone for support purposes and for identifying your telephone number’s country code (the country of your, or your company’s location)
- To be able to offer you our services
- For administration and tax purposes
- To send service updates by email
- To keep you up-to-date about our service and/or our company by email
- To be able to communicate with you and provide support
- To improve our services and user-friendliness (surveys)
- To know more about our website visitors and to improve the user-friendliness of our website (we only use functional cookies and analytical cookies for which no consent is required)
- To know more about our customers and their use of our services
- To maintain a commercial relationship with our customers
- marketing WebcoLMS products and services to prospective, current and past clients;
- hiring and managing employees and contractors;
- planning, monitoring, evaluating and improving Education Horizons Group products and services, including conducting market research and surveys and assessing customer satisfaction; and
- otherwise communicating with you.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data to others.
We use third party service providers to help us operate the services:
- We use an internet service provider to host the Site and our email functionality
- We use a mailing service provider to send mailings by email
- We use an online tool to communicate with our customers when they ask for support
- We use an online chat tool to enable website users to chat with us online
- We use payment service providers to process customers’ payments (payment providers used by customers through their own account with such payment provider, are not our service providers)
- We use an online customer relationship management (CRM) system
- We use a service provider for analyzing our customers’ use of the Service
- We use online streaming services such as zoom
Incidentally, we may be obliged pursuant to legal obligations, to share certain personal data with government authorities or third parties.
Is data stored in a secure way?
The WebcoLMS strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information which it holds and has security measures in place to protect such information against misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. However, no system is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Will your personal information be published on our website?
The WebcoLMS will only publish personal information on one of our websites if it has been specifically collected for this purpose and with your knowledge and consent.
When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on a WebcoLMS website is accessible to millions of users from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that once the information is published on a WebcoLMS website, the WebcoLMS will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
How long do we store your personal data?
We store the personal data in your account as long as you have registered an account with us and until 1 year afterwards. The personal data in our financial administration is stored for a maximum term of 7 years. Our correspondence with you is stored during a maximum term of 7 years. Cookie ID’s are stored for 12 months.
Incidentally, we may have to store your personal data for longer periods, for example if this is necessary in relation to legal proceedings involving you, or a legal obligation imposed on us.
What rights do you have?
The WebcoLMS takes reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it stores is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We may periodically contact customers for this purpose.
You have the right to request access to your personal information held by the WebcoLMS. Where such information is held by us, we will endeavour to provide you with an appropriate means of accessing it, normally by email. We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the requested information to you. However, we will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge you for making any corrections to your personal information. There could be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. An example of where this might happen is where granting access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others or if it would be unlawful. We will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you can request us to amend it. We will then review your request and amend the data if we agree. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
You may make such a request by contacting us using the details below.
How to contact us
Web Choice Online Pty Ltd
310/89 High St
Kew, Vic 3101
1300 766 691
This document was last updated on 01 May 2021.